Monday, February 23, 2009

So much fun, and for Audrey too!

We do a weekly playdate on Mondays at Aunt Jill's house. Jill is one of my closest friends. Christian and her husband and all our boys are all best buddies too. Works well.

Anyway, Jill has the cool big house with a big yard, and so graciously invites some of us over every Monday for a giant playdate. Bunches of fun.

Today was especially great because:

1)The kiddos have gotten quite good at playing together without too much mommy interference and the mommies got a decent amount of time to talk today. I almost felt normal.

2)Jen made really yummy scones. Um, I think I ate 3 of them. She said they were healthy though.

3) Most of us made it over there today. Often, it is just Jill and our boys and myself, as sickness, travel, etc. can get in the way. Lately, more have been able to make it.

4)Tomi came with Skylar, who is Audrey's age. Yes, that is right Audrey had a friend. It was cute! They were staring at each other and smiling. Instant friends!

She actually has a few friends now...well in the kind of I hope they will be her friends sort of friend way. Huh? You see, Audrey gets carted around to all of Caleb's activities. We always play with Caleb's friends, whose mommies happen to be my friends too. Well, thakfully MaryJoyce had a baby a month after me, and Tomi a month before, and there are two gals at my table in MOPS (I just joined) that have daughters born within a week of Audrey. So yea! She is finally going to start having friends.

No comments: