Sunday, February 8, 2009

At Breakfast Today

Setting: Caleb is eating his oatmeal and drinking his orange juice, asking lot's of questions, as usual. Mommy is sitting down to eat her breakfast, tea and peanut butter toast.

Caleb: Mommy, what is that? Your tea?
Mommy: Yes, it is my tea.
Caleb: You like it Mom? Is it good?
Mommy: Yes, I like it.
Caleb: Where is your wine?
Mommy: (Laughs) I only drink wine at dinner time.
Caleb: Why?
Mommy: Well, it is tastes good with dinner food, but not so good with breakfast food. And, it is better to drink it at the end of the day, not at breakfast.
Caleb: Mom, I am going to be a big boy someday and I am going to drink my wine when I am older, at dinner time.
Mommy: (Laughing again) Really? Well, you have to be a man to drink wine. It is only for adults.
Caleb: I am going to drink wine when I am a man, at dinner time.
Mommy: Okay, Caleb.

1 comment:

A BAKER'S HALF DOZEN said...

Oh I love how their minds work!!! sweet boy!!!!!