Thursday, September 18, 2008

Toddler Talk

The other day, I was asking Christian to make me my chlorophyll water (for iron reasons) and Caleb says, "Dad, you not get Mommy's water. I get it for her. You stay right there Dad, I will be right back." We explained to him the chlorophyll water stains, and adults need to do it, and he said, "Not get up Dad. Sit there Mom, I get you some regular water. Caleb do it." Off he went to get a cup and he poured some water from his water bottle (mmm toddler back wash, so good!) and gave me my water. Pretty sweet.

Yesterday, I am in the car talking to Christian and Caleb says, "Mom, not talk to Dad, I talking to you. I telling you something. Not talk right now." Too funny.

This morning, I am asleep in bed, and I hear some clinking in the kitchen. Christian has already left for the day, and I am too tired to get up. So I call out, "Caleb?" Next thing I know, my sweet son comes walking into my room with a pan, a wooden spoon and a whisk, "Mom, breakfast for you, time to wake up." Now how do you refuse that? So I ate some eggs, or so I was told, and then closed my eyes again. Caleb crawled into bed with me and cuddled while I half slept for a little longer. It was very sweet. Then, I feel him scoot down to my belly and start whispering, "Hi baby, it's Caleb. I love you baby," and he kissed my belly. What a sweet big brother!

Finally, tonight, we were driving to grab some dinner and Caleb started talking about the "Sycamore trees". This is the first time I have ever heard him say "Sycamore", and there was a whole story that went with it, but I was stuck on the Sycamore tree part. I asked him where he learned about Sycamore trees, as I only refer to trees in general. Then, Christian realized it was from the song his grandma sings about Zacchaeus in the Sycamore tree and Jesus calling him out. Pretty interesting that he took that reference and then used it in a story of his own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caleb is getting so big and so like his mommy! I recall you were very helpful with Katie, even thought you were such a baby still when she was born.

All this modeling is wonderful...he'll be a great father to his children someday...just like his daddy!

Anonymous said...

Jill, these stories are so very very cute! I can't quite believe he is so big already. It is such a precious age. I got to sit next to my colleagues 15 month old boy today at lunch and had so much fun chattering away with him, although I had no idea what he was saying half the time, but he was very serious about whatever it was!
Thinking of you lots recently - so glad you started up your blog again. I read it eveyr time you post!
Lots of Belgian love!