Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Accupuncture and Crib Crying

So, I have been encouraged to go see an accupuncturist many times before. Back in 97 I was in a car accident that triggered fibromyalgia and I have dealt with pain since (although when I stopped working it lessened tremendously). Anyway, NOTHING has induced me to go see an accupuncturist (why willingly let someone put needles in your body?) ...until last night. I was desperate! So at the pleading of my doula and birth class instructor, both also good friends, I went to see an accupuncturist...

It wasn't bad! In fact, it was relaxing. Yes, 3 of the... I don't know 20? needles he put in did hurt, but the pain subsided into a really nice relaxation turned 20 minute nap on the accupuncturist's table. Afterwards, I was more calm and relaxed then I have been in a while. And today... I have energy! Not a ton, but I actually feel capable of getting out of bed. I am trying to take it easy (afraid of overdoing it), but am hopeful that this may be an improvement here to stay. AND, my legs don't hurt as badly today. He stuck needles right into the veins popping out of my skin, and the disgusting bruised masses of veins on the front of my right leg and back of my left knee. I have another treatment on Thursday, and one next week on Thursday to see if he can fix the anemia, sciatica, and varicose veins. As of today, I am thinking it may work... sure hoping so!

It could also be that my iron is coming back up. It takes 10-14 days to rebuild iron and today is day 12 of doing everything I possibly can to get my iron level back up. I get it checked on Friday, so we will see...

In the meantime, I am having to send Caleb off to friends houses in the morning because I cannot care for him myself, short of sitting him in fromt of the TV (which only works for a little while anyway-he needs to run!). This realization came yesterday, when I planned to meet some friends at the park with Caleb, and after getting breakfast ready and getting us dressed I had to call Christian to come help me because I was hurting, couldn't breathe, and was exhausted... yes, it was only 9:30am. Since my husband actually has to work, we thought setting up some care for Caleb was probably necessary for the remainder of the pregnancy. So, thank you Mom, and all my awesome friends who are helping me out. Maybe the iron levels are coming up or the accupuncture is helping and it can end up being playdates. If not, thank you, thank you for playing with Caleb and caring for him.

Crib Crying? Caleb actually cried because he was afraid I was going to put him in his crib at nap time today. I quickly reassured him that he could sleep in his big boy bed and he was at peace. I think the big boy bed is now a permanent place of sleep for him at bed time AND nap time. Woohoo! He is very proud of this accomplishment and we are too! Baby has a crib to sleep in which will also be good. That all went much smoother then I imagined. Now if the potty training could just move along a little faster... as in before this baby is born!

No comments: