Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Learning to Share

Saturday Caleb was out a friends house, and for the first time since he turned two, I noticed he did not start shouting when another child started to take away the toy he was using. In fact, he was nice and either gave it to the child, or offered a trade. Apparently, he was really great in the nursery at church this past Sunday too (not one shout they said), and today, Monday, we had another playdate and he used his words or asked me for help if another child was taking the toy he was using. Wow! They actually do listen to what we are saying and it actually does sink in after awhile... Who would have guessed a few months ago? :)

Just in time for Baby #2 if you ask me. :)

Speaking of Baby # 2... can two pregnancies be any more radically different? With Caleb, I exercised every day, felt great, ate whatever I wanted (while striving for healthy) and had no, I repeat no issues. Sure I vomitted a few times, but nothing too noteworthy, and yeah, I was tired in the first trimester, and a little emotional throughout, but nothing significant. I LOVED being pregnant with Caleb, and did not understand why other people complained about pregnancy. And then...February came around, and before I could even pee on a stick I was fainting, exhausted, and nauseated. When I finally did get a positive test, the symptoms just got worse (infections, hypoglycemia, anemia, varicose veins, sciatica, etc.). Now don't get me wrong, I am thankful that I am okay and baby is okay, but I just have to marvel at how different these pregnancies are. Some say it is because I am having a girl this time (which no one but the docs know for sure) others just say pregnancy can vary. Hmm... I guess we will know soon. The due date is 11/4, but I am hoping for a little earlier.

No comments: