Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dr. Caleb

Today I had my 34 week OB appt. and Christian and Caleb got to come with me. Caleb heard baby's heartbeat for the first time and was in awe. It was nice for Christian to meet my Dr. too. We like her a lot, Dr. Ramos, she is great!




Caleb decided he was going to check me and baby out too. He also really liked watching the nurse take my blood pressure and check my iron. Maybe we have a future Dr. among us? He was fascinated by the whole trip. However, he needed some "mommy" time after. I have noticed the more we talk about baby, or do things for/about baby he seems to need "mommy" time. It will be interesting to see how we all work this out when baby arrives!

And a pregnancy update... my iron is low again. That explains why it has been so hard to function the last week, and especially today and yesterday. Pretty discouraging as two weeks ago it had come up from under 10 to 11.2. Ideally they want me to be a high 11 during pregnancy (good/normal is 12-16 for women). Today it was 10.5, Not sure how it got down so low as I am still taking 15+ pills a day, etc. So the Dr. ordered me to eat red meat every day, rest more, and not to overdo it. My varicose veins are pretty bad now too, even with the sexy (not) compression tights I have been wearing since my last appt. So I am suppose to lay on my side for an hour, every two hours. With a toddler? Hah! And swim every day, which is a little more practical. All to say, I guess I need to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy, not sure how to do that, but I guess I have to figure it out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the pics turned out pretty well. I'm ok with my boy being a Doc. He can take care of us when we're old and tired :) Good posts here honey!

love, cj