Sunday, May 3, 2009

Audrey... Almost 6 Months!


Audrey will be 6 months old this Wednesday. Wow. Just today, I noticed two little slits on her bottom gum. Yep, that is right, teeth are coming in! Just like big brother Caleb, Audrey is getting her first teeth at six months.

I am trying to decide what her first solid food should be. My sister has my baby food book, so I am feeling rusty because I don't have access to all the ideas I had with Caleb. I know the whole eat rice cereal first, then either banana, sweet potato, or avocado thing. I am just thinking I want her first food to be a veggie instead of a carb or a fruit. Although, with everything going on around here these days, banana sounds easiest, or avocado since the trees at church are ripe right now. Post your ideas in the comments.

Technically, her first food was amoxicillan, since she had double ear infections and strep last week. Poor thing. Well, and even before that, she had Mylicon and Tylenol. And, to counter the pink stuff, we gave her a little bit of acidophilus in water too. Hey, she has had a lot of things other then breast milk. I am thinking I just let her eat whatever we are eating and be done with it. What do you think? It sure would make my life easier!

3 comments:

Jen Gray said...

I totally vote for offer a tiny bit of whatever (appropriate) thing you are eating. That's what we did with Anna and it's so much easier AND the baby gets REAL food. Avocado and banana and melon were among Anna's first foods. Avocado is great smooshed on top of rice cake--one of Anna's favorites! Have fun!

Janel said...

Give her what's healthy and easy for you! I vote for either cereal, avocado or banana. Lucie loves all of those things. You know, she is a Schalesky...so I'm thinking that she'll be a good eater like her big brother. Don't stress out about it. :)

alissa said...

hey, I gave both girls carrots first, a veggie but also a little sweet. Super easy to make lots of, blend up and then freeze in ice cube trays for 1 oz. servings.