Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

Today is a historical day. The fact that both of my children are napping at the same time and have both napped for slighty over an hour now, pales in comparison to the history making event of our Presidential Inauguration. President Obama is the first African American to become President. This should not be an amazing thing, but given the history of slavery and prejudice in our country, it is an amazing thing and a wonderful thing. My objections to Obama have nothing to do with his race, and everything to do with his policies, primarily his take on life and abortions. However, regardless of my objections to his policies, he is now the President of the United States of America, and that is no small thing.

Although I did not vote for Obama, I want to show respect for him as our new President. He is the President of our country and that is an authority I am required to submit to and respect. I want to model that respect and submission to my children as well. I found Dr. Laura's impressions today interesting and I too am impressed by many of these things. See the blog article below and the link that follows:


There are many things that concern me about our new president. Many policies that frankly, make me nervous. But there are some things that I am impressed by, and hope he will set a tone and become a role model for our society.

I am impressed by President Obama’s work ethic. I am impressed by his clear love for his wife and family.

I am impressed that during the campaign, Michelle Obama made sure she was home with her daughters 5 days a week.

I am impressed that they have invited the children’s grandmother to live with them in the White House.

I am impressed that the first black president got there through his own hard work and not because of affirmative action programs.

I am impressed that President Obama took the time to visit with some of our wounded warriors from Iraq and Afghanistan the day before he took office as Commander-in-Chief.

Now, I hope that through these actions, our new president will serve as a role model for all Americans - to take their vows and responsibilities as seriously as the day they made them.

http://www.drlaurablog.com/

Congratulations Mr. President and family! May God bless you with wisdom as you serve as President.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!