Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dr. Appt. Friday

I had my 37 week Dr. appt. yesterday and baby looks and sounds good. My iron is back up, so it must be the red meat! Or the gross, but really high iron tea my doula put me on... All to say, I am instructed to keep eating red meat and we don't forsee any more issues. My energy is up too, in fact I had an idea my iron was up again because I had some really good energy days last week. The only issue now is my veins and swelling from being on my feet too long. So we are just trying to get me to rest, even though I have energy-how hard is that!

I will be 38 weeks on Tuesday. Praying for cold weather so my legs and veins don't swell and hurt so much (which is a concern for when i go into labor). Thankful for everyone's help, and for my super cool doctor.

Please pray for:
Christian, as he is working really hard to get ahead at work, since he will take some time off when baby arrives, and he is doing a LOT more around home, since I need rest. Pray for energy for him, and for good health.

That I do not have to share a room in the hospital for the labor, delivery, or postpartum (yes, that happens there) and that I get nurses who support natural childbirth. Pray my OB, Dr. Ramos, will be able to be there for my labor and baby's birth, as she is supportive of our hopes for labor and delivery.

Wisdom for timing on when to go to the hospital. We want to go late in labor, but not too late.

That I have an uncomplicated labor and delivery, that baby is healthy, and that I recover well.

Caleb as he will be cared for by others during labor and while we are at the hospital. Pray for his transition to being big brother.

That I can leave the hospital as soon as possible and that we can have some wonderful time bonding as a family of four before Christian has to return to work.

That baby comes in God's perfect timing... and not 6 days late like Caleb was... :)

Thanks!

1 comment:

Annette said...

We'll be praying for those things for you!