Wednesday, October 29, 2008

40th Week

So I am in my 40th week of pregnancy. Actually feeling a lot better. My iron is good, energy is good, legs are a bit better since Monday. Apparently, baby dropped, or so lot's of people are telling me, and the new position seems to be easier on my veins. I am not swelling as much or in as much pain. My OB appt. is tomorrow. I am due on Tuesday.

I am feeling ready for baby to come and excited about baby's arrival. Having contractions, but nothing consistent. I will have a few and then nothing, and then have one an hour, and then nothing. Had that with Caleb too, and he was a week late... The best thing about the contractions is each one makes me more and more excited to meet this precious little baby. I am really looking forward to meeting baby. I keep thinking about the moment Caleb came out and I saw him for the first time. There are no words to describe what an amazing, miraculous moment that is and how much love I felt for him. I think about that, and I am so excited for this baby to join our family.

I was hoping for baby to come today. However, I prefer baby to not come tomorrow or Friday because of Halloween (yet I trust God's perfect timing). So now I am hoping for Saturday or soon after.

That is the update. :)

3 comments:

Melody said...

Joe and I are praying for you and your whole family.
I'm sorry that you've had to go through so much pain. But I'm glad that things are looking up.
It's been a long road for you this pregnancy...Praise God for the beautiful miracle that's been growing in you. Baby's sooo blessed to have such loving parents. Please continue to keep us updated!
Caleb must be excited too to finally meet his little sibling!
Please send our love to your whole family, Melody

Anonymous said...

w/prayers and much love that all goes well for you and your precious family,
auntie susan & uncle ted xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you made it past halloween! I understand that desire, Beth was due Nov 6th and I was eager to have her bday come AFTER 10/31. I am excited to meet your baby, oh so soon! xoxo Jill