Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Smiles

Audrey is starting to smile. Just this week we have gotten some smiles that seem unrelated to gas and poop, or drunken nursing sleep smiles. Pretty precious. Of course, there are every once and awhile right now, so I haven't captured one with the camera yet, but boy are they sweet!

Speaking of smiles... we are all smiling a lot more around here. Two kids... tough, but it is getting more doable as each day passes.

The joy of all joys these days for me is that I am finally recovered and healthy enough to hang with Caleb all day. We are getting back into the swing of things, of course Audrey tags along, but I can already see the difference in my interactions with Caleb after the painfully long modification to our daily time together. The pregnancy, and then the recovery, required that I have a lot of help with Caleb's care, and that had a big, and not so pleasant impact on our relationship (and his sleep and behavior). However, as he and I start spending our days together again, I can see that we are going to be just fine, and his sleep and behavior are having a drastic and positive turn around. Hooray!!!

It is amazing how much I love my kids and even the teeniest blip in our routine/time together effects us all. I was having a really hard time with the way my relationship with Caleb changed as my pregnancy became more challenging, and after Audrey was born, he was withholding his affection for me. Very hard and sad for me. I was so happy to be pregnant with and then have Audrey, but I was bitter about how it effected my relationship with Caleb, afraid things would never be the same for us again... I am praying that God continues to restore my relationship with Caleb and I am hopeful after the last few days with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, I haven't wanted to bother you during your adjustment time. I can only imagine what it must be like bringing another baby into the family. I think chaos? Well Audrey is beautiful and we are so happy for you all.
Please give our love to Christian and Caleb! Can't wait to see you all again and meet my new cousin!
Love You All,
Leesa, Rob and Kiely