Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sleeping, and not...

So I was super excited yesterday to post how both my kids slept through the night.

It ought not to be news for Caleb. However, since Audrey was born, and a month prior, Caleb stated to wake during the night, sometimes frequently, even though he had been sleeping through the night for over a year. This is VERY frustrating and has driven Christian and I to try things we never thought we would to convince him to sleep and stay in his bed. Anyway, Sunday night he slept all night! Maybe the uh... second time since Audrey was born and we are going on 7 weeks here folks. In fact, for the last 7 weeks, there were many nights Audrey woke less then Caleb!

Audrey slept for 4 1/2 hours, woke at 1:30am to eat, and fell back asleep for 6 hours. This would have been heavenly, except that I stayed up working and didn't go to bed until just before Audrey woke up. But I was thankful for the 6 hour stretch after!

Alas, I did not post yesterday and the sleeping was short lived. Last night and thus far tonight, Caleb has woken several times. Audrey, is still doing pretty well.

Parenting is tough, sleep deprivation is torture!

2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

BUMMER! Here's hoping you have a Christmas miracle and BOTH kids sleep well for you very, very soon. You are so right: sleep deprivation is torture! I personally think it is probably THE hardest thing about becoming a parent.

Caleb's Momma said...

I think I have to agree. Lack of sleep is the hardest thing. For me, I end up in physical pain, and grumpy. I get impatient easily which leads to frustration. None of which is helful witha willful toddler, which just keeps the cycle going...