Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Spidey

We have entered the world of Super Heroes. I have committed the original Spiderman theme song to memory and we regularly watch the intro after breakfast now (check it out, it is pretty cool). Caleb runs around in his Halloween costume (Batman) on a regular basis now, and we fly like Superman through the house. Christian shamelessly promotes this behavior,
although I must say, it primarily developed and flourished while he was away in Chicago last week. Not sure what triggered the intense fascination, but Caleb wants to be a Super Hero. And yes, I did sing him to sleep for his nap today singing Spiderman. Part of me is sad that he doesn't request Hark the Herald Angel, or Gloria, or one of my favorites the Aunty Melody Silly Cat song anymore. However, this new super hero obsession isn't all bad.
I have to admit, especially with Spiderman, I love that he looks up to a guy who has a unique characteristic that he ends up using for the good of all mankind. Spiderman sacrifices his own needs and desires to help others. He is a good guy. Yes, he makes mistakes, but don't we all? Spiderman perseveres through hardships (parents aren't alive, best friend tries to kill him, etc.) and gets back up after being knocked down. Who can fault a kid who looks up to someone like that?

Therefore, I am updating Adventures with Caleb with all relevant Super Hero information we come across. One, for my own convenience in finding Caleb's favorite songs, cartoons, coloring pages, etc., and two, for any of you who want to see some cool Super Hero sites that are toddler appropriate (at least in my opinion). Please comment with any sites you find too (if toddler appropriate). Have fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey,
Great post! I think Caleb is a super hero in disguise. By the way. Here's another really good video: The Super Friends. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlquD61Raw4&feature=related

love you! CJ