Monday, April 13, 2009

ABC's and 123's



Caleb got a toy, Leap Frop Fridge Phonics, and has been learning his letters. He can identify and name a word that starts with that letter for 13 letters of the alphabet. It si a great toy because he just learns the letters on his own while he plays with it. The Cinnamon Schoolhouse Cookies at Trader joe's help too. They come in ABCs and 123s, mmm and they taste like snickerdoodles. Christian and I try to save some for Caleb.




We started a countdown in March. We were using his calendar and a chain of paper rings, to count down to his birthday. Well, it started this counting routine. So, now we count each day as we look at the calendar and move the marker to the correct day. He can count to 30, by himself, but skips 15, 16, 17, and 20. Too cute.

Even better then the ABCs and 123s though are the books we read. He reads a lot, loves it. It is the only thing he will do by himself for a sustained amount of time (longer than 5 minutes). I think one of my favorite things is reading books with Caleb. The best part? After nap, Caleb will come out of his room with a book and ask me to read to him. Sometimes, Audrey is still sleeping, and he will cuddle up on my lap and sit there as long as we can and read together. I love it! One of the rare times when I get cuddles from him now.

My baby is growing up... he is a big 3 year old now! My how things change.

No comments: