Thursday, April 8, 2010

My New Passion

Other then Caleb, and Audrey of course, well, and Jesus, and my husband, none of which are new passions, I have stumbled upon a new passion. I say stumbled upon because I did not seek this out. God has been cultivating this in me in recent weeks and months, maybe even years, and suddenly, in the last month, it has been constantly on my heart and mind.

Adoption

My thoughts turn to adoption whenever I have a moment to myself. I am learning a lot, and processing a lot, and praying a lot. I still do not know exactly how God is going to weave adoption into the fabric of my life, our lives, but I know that he has been at work in me. I know he has already been weaving adoption into my life. I know that I am feeling a strong calling or desire, or both to be involved in adoption. I know that God has placed, and used certain people in my life recently that have taught me so much about adoption. I know that God clearly calls us to love and care for the orphans in Scripture.

I know that I have been adopted, by God, and that Jesus was adopted, by Joseph, and that I am learning so many compelling truths about adoption that I feel like there is more to the story.

So I will learn, and pray, and walk with those people God has placed in my life who are adopted and have adopted.

To be continued...

1 comment:

A BAKER'S HALF DOZEN said...

to be continued... and I can't wait to see the next page of life, and what it holds for you. "Big" or "Small"... the next page will be great.... knowing there are many, many chapters to be lived. You are a gift. Love you!!!!! -Jill Baker